Seeing their awards makes me feel I'm collecting the right games. Or at least, that other people are just as exciting about some of these games as I am.
As you might know, I have a sizeable Call of Cthulhu collection and thus was very pleased to see that the game won several awards:
- BEST RE-MAKE/RE-RELEASE: Cthulhu by Gaslight, third edition
- BEST ADVENTURE (SOLO): Age of Cthulhu Vol. VI - A dream of Japan
- BEST CAMPAIGN SETTING: Mythic Iceland
- SYSTEM OF THE YEAR: Call of Cthulhu
Alright, Mythic Iceland is technically not Call of Cthulhu but it's Chaosium and Pedro is a nice guy who I met at the Kraken so I don't mind plugging the book.
If you follow the blog (yeah right), you will have noticed I was pretty excited about Shadows of Esteren. I met some of the illustrators and authors at Spiel in Germany and I'm very happy to see the hard work of these superfriendly gamers is being appreciated.
- BEST ART: Shadows of Esteren: Book 1 - Universe
- BEST NEW GAME: Shadows of Esteren
- BEST CORE RULEBOOK: Shadows of Esteren: Book 1 - Universe
And since I also collect Dungeon Crawl Classics, the DCC RPG won the award for BEST OLD SCHOOL RENAISSANCE TITLE. It's nice to see some love for the old school rpgs as well.
For a full report on Diehardgamefan.com's tabletop awards, just follow the link.